Brand Manager for Halls
DescriptionMondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
To lead the Halls new candy segment & SPK (Sour patch) portfolio for the Thai market whilst also playing a strong role within the broader South East Asia Business Unit. Key objectives include delivering the revenue, margin and market share growth targets within budgeted spends. Accountabilities include creating and implementing in market strategies and above and below the line plans.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to)
New Product Development - Local & SEA
- Manage new product development, ensuring timely launch. Managing the entire new product development process from conceptualisation, research, pricing strategies to working with the commercial team on the implementation activities.
- Lead & drive new product development projects and collaborate with S&T and S/Chain to ensure timely launch of the projects
- Helps to coordinate packaging revision & new packaging development for SEA ensuring all artworks are SEA compliant.
- Responsible for the implementation of the local marketing strategies for the assigned brand/brands through marketing plans.
- Formulate brand strategies based on strong market analysis, competitors' analysis and internal portfolio analysis, utilising the BCC tools.
- To update branding guidelines and footprints, utilising the WCE templates and other BCC tools. To adhere and comply to global branding guidelines, where applicable.
- Relentlessly focus on efficiency and cost by driving GC improvement through value optimisation projects working closely with S&T team.
- Ensure that the pricing/product mix is reviewed and recommending change where appropriate.
- Monitor performance of segments and brands against contract
- Manage marketing spend within the assigned DME budget
- Ensure all brand strategies are underpinned by strong & in-depth consumer understanding
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the marketing plan and work closely with Sales team to execute the plans.
- Identify and implement any gap plans by working closely with the Sales team
- Constant review on campaigns and brands through yearly brand reviews and post campaign reviews to encourage vigorous and continuous learning.
- Work closely with the agencies to come up with winning and differentiated point of awareness supporting the brand communication strategies.
- Collaborate with the POB team by providing overall campaign direction and ensuring the development is in line with overall campaign objectives and brand positioning.
- Work closely with Consumer Insights team on identifying brands' research needs
- Plan the full year's marketing researches together with the Insights team supporting the need on brand strategy development.
- To analyse the research findings and insights and turn them into actionable brand plans
- Prepare bi-monthly report based on retail audit, market trends information, etc. to department head
- Drive excellence in delivery of activation projects to deadlines, working cross functionally to achieve objectives and budget.
- Possess a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration or Economics, MBA would be an added advantage
- 4-5 years of FMCG experience in brand management
- Strong analytical skills and be able to look at issues from different perspectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, a proven achiever with strong leadership skills to drive & influence the strategic category agenda
- Have good balance of a leader and a team player
- Possess a solid understanding of FMCG industry
- Possess a strong command in spoken and written in Thai and English
- Good computer skill in Microsoft Office